Rattlesnake Calathea (Calathea Lancifolia)
Rattlesnake Calathea (Calathea lancifolia)
- A plant native to Brazil where it thrives in warm and moist areas of the Brazilian Rainforest and blooms in the late spring and early summer months.
- Considered a temperamental, experienced plant owner, friendly plant.
- Comes in a 3 inch colorful, plastic pot with drainage holes.
- A key consideration for any calathea plant is proper lighting, and the rattlesnake is no exception.
- If it gets too much direct sunlight, the vibrant spotted markings will begin to fade. Filtered light is the best option.
- If you want to have your rattlesnake plant in a window, select one that doesn't have intense afternoon sun streaming through it, or diffuse the light with drapes.
- Frequent small watering is required rather than deep irrigation. Ideal temperatures for this plant are around 60-75ºF